Vacancy – Assistant Manager
£21,000 – £23,000
BRAND NEW STORE
A leading outdoor/lifestyle retailer, with over 300 stores.
Fantastic brand, profitable and expanding.
- Working alongside the Store Manager, you will be responsible for leading, motivating and developing your team to ensure consistent delivery on standards, customer service and product knowledge to maximise your store’s sales potential and profitability
Benefits for an Assistant Manager
- Annual KPI-related bonus
- Generous Staff Discount
- Work clothing plus 50% discount for you and your family
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Salary sacrifice Pension scheme
- Tax-free childcare vouchers
Skills and Experience Required for an Assistant Manager:
- Previous fashion experience at Store Manager level or Assistant Manager in a larger turnover store.
- Strong visual merchandising skills
- Engaging personality
- Results driven and a passion for selling and customer interaction
- Committed to the business
- Organisational skills
- Hands on
- Strong people manager
Commercial Responsibilities Required for an Assistant Manager:
- To achieve sales budgets and KPIs
- To ensure the execution of: Store layouts, Windows, Pricing/Promotions and Product presentation/Merchandising standards
People Responsibilities Required for an Assistant Manager:
- Recruit, train, manage & develop store team, through coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Promote a challenging, focused & professional environment.
Financial Responsibilities Required for an Assistant Manager:
- To achieve profit budgets relating to the accountable contribution elements of the Profit & Loss accounts.
- Manage budgets set by Retail Store Managers
- Manage shrinkage, stock loss and stock levels
- Secure company assets at all times.
- Monitor competitor activity
Standards Required by an Assistant Manager:
- Ensure strict compliance on policies and procedures at all times.
- Instil excellence in customer service.
- Ensure house keeping, repairs and safety is maintained.
Communication Required by an Assistant Manager:
- To act as key link for all communication between Retail Store Manager, Store Staff and Team.
Ideally you will be currently working as a Store Manager, Branch Manager, General Manager, Deputy Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Department Manager, Floor Manager, Sales Manager, Team Leader, Designate Store Manager or Deputy Manager or Supervisor.