Assistant Manager – Leicester
Fantastic brand, profitable and expanding
Your role as an Assistant Manager
- Working alongside the Store Manager, you will be responsible for leading, motivating and developing your team to ensure consistent delivery on standards, customer service and product knowledge to maximise your store’s sales potential and profitability
Benefits for an Assistant Manager
- Basic salary of £18,000 – £20,000
- Annual KPI-related bonus
- Staff Discount
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Ongoing personal training
Skills and Experience Required of an Assistant Manager
- Previous experience at Store Manager level or Assistant Manager
- Strong visual merchandising skills
- Engaging personality
- Results driven and a passion for selling and customer interaction
- Committed to the business
- Organisational skills
- Hands on, Enthusiastic, Passionate
- To achieve sales budgets and KPIs
- To ensure the execution of: Store layouts, Windows, Pricing/Promotions and Product presentation/Merchandising standards
People Responsibilities Required of an Assistant Manager
- Recruit, train, manage & develop store team, through coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Promote a challenging, focused & professional environment.
- Strong people manager
Financial Responsibilities Required of an Assistant Manager
- To achieve profit budgets relating to the accountable contribution elements of the Profit & Loss accounts.
- Manage budgets set by Retail Store Managers
- Manage shrinkage, stock loss and stock levels
- Secure company assets at all times.
- Monitor competitor activity
Standards Required of an Assistant Manager
- Ensure strict compliance on policies and procedures at all times.
- Instil excellence in customer service.
- Ensure house keeping, repairs and safety is maintained.
Communication Required of an Assistant Manager
- To act as key link for all communication between Retail Store Manager, Store Staff and Team.
This company opened its first store in 1981 and currently trades 106 stores across the UK and Ireland and are still growing.
- It has a turnover of over £100m and occupies the number one position as the leader in its specialist field.