Our client is a specialist sports retailer who is looking for an adaptable Assistant Manager that is comfortable working within a challenging and sales focused environment.
- This company opened its first store in 1981 and currently trades 132 stores across the UK and Ireland and are still growing.
- It has a turnover of over £100m and occupies the number one position as the leader in its specialist field.
- Maximising sales, driving improved standards and profitability throughout the business and effectively leading the store team to ensure the delivery of the companies brand values to every customer.
- They are looking to attract ambitious, tenacious and passionate retail sales professionals who will take full responsibility for the results in their own store.
- You will be passionate about driving sales and delivering the best possible customer service.
- You will be process driven and compliant and be able to instil retail disciplines.
- You will effectively manage the detail.
- You will pride yourself on merchandising standards and the presentation of your store.
- Resilient, passionate, enthusiastic and commercial, with a “will to win” attitude, are just some of the ideal manager traits.
- You must have a genuine and passionate interest in golf
Some of your Key Responsibilities:
- Commercial – To achieve sales budgets and forecasts.
- People Management – Recruit, train, manage & develop store team. Promote a challenging & professional environment.
- Financial Management – To achieve profit budgets relating to the Profit & Loss accounts.
- Standards – Ensure strict compliance on policies and procedures at all times. Instil excellence in customer service.
- Communication – To act as the key link for all communication between Retail Store Manager, Area Manager, Store Staff and Head Office.
- Competitive basic salary and very achievable bonus plus excellent benefits
- The ongoing training and development is second to none.
The ideal candidate is someone who currently plays or has previously played golf and who has a genuine passion for the game!!!