Laboratory / Lab Technician
My client runs a high-end cosmetic dental practise in Liverpool.
Due to expansion and the creation of an onsite laboratory and training facility, they are looking to recruit a Lab Technician.
Specific experience and knowledge of digital dentistry;
Digital Smile Design
Use of 3 Shape Design Software
Cad / Cam knowledge and experience
Currently you’ll be working as a lab technician, with at least 10 years experience and have the desire, the knowledge and the confidence to take full control of the process from start to finish.
This role will involve contact with bot the dentist and the patient, therefore strong communication skills are key.
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to take the next step in their career.
- Replaces partial or total loss of natural teeth by constructing partial or full dentures (metal and non-metal).
- Restores natural teeth by fabricating crowns, veneers, implants and wax liners.
- Corrects dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances.
- Completes implantology procedures by fabricating prostheses to fit implants the dentist places directly into the patient’s jawbone.
- Replaces missing facial and body tissues due to injury, disease, or developmental abnormality by fabricating maxillo-facial prostheses.
- Constructs prostheses by following the dentist’s prescription; making models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patient’s mouth taken by the dentist; building-up wax replicas of part or all of the mouth and/or teeth on the model; encasing the wax in a mould material and melting away the wax; replacing the wax with plastic, metal, or ceramic materials to make the replacement appliance; polishing and finishing the appliance prior to its being placed in the patient’s mouth by the dentist.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Utilizes and conserves supplies and equipment by completing plaster casting, electro-spot welding, metal casting, metal polishing, wax modeling, ceramics, wire bending, electroplating and sandblasting; using CAD/CAM units; maintaining supplies inventories; keeping equipment operating.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Enhances dental laboratory reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.