Shift Manager – Wentworth
Warehouse and Distribution
Our client is the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK.
Started five decades ago, today, they employ over 700 people and handled 70 million items in 2018 alone.
They enable some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
As an award-winning social enterprise, the operate a network of six membership-only stores – offering discounted prices, to individuals who work in the food manufacturing supply chain, emergency services or the NHS.
We are looking for a confident and experienced Shift Manager to join the business and to contribute to its growth and become part of the team.
Current/previous strong operations, distribution or manufacturing background or proven relevant experience
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
To ensure the effective management of daily/weekly productivity, quality, Health & Safety, costs, waste and people.
Overall accountability for the successful running of an Operations shift
- Labour planning and management of temporary labour and associated budgets to ensure we have the right people in the right place to meet business demand
- Deliver daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s and produce associated reports
- To lead daily review meetings; follow up any actions and ensure ef?cient and effective shift transitions
- To lead departmental training and to coach and develop your team
- Complete robust daily handovers to members of the management team to ensure effective running of operation